Select Page
Courageous (film)

Courageous - The Movie

Calling all fathers, or soon-to-be-dads.  I know that it is too early for Father’s Day, but this is too great a book to wait for June.

Have you seen or hear about the movie Courageous?  It is the story of four Sheriff’s Deputies who each face different challenges in their personal lives.  Adam, the lead character, must face the fact that he spends most of his time and all of his energy at work, and does not leave anything left for his family.  It is not until he is faced with a sudden tragedy that Adam realizes that things have to change.  Instead of taking a lazy route, Adam surrenders his will to God, who leads him to create The Resolution.  That one simple decision has far reaching effects which touches and inspires everyone

Courageous was created by Alex and Stephen Kendrick, the same two brothers who created two other Christian movies, Fireproof and Facing the Giants.  I have not seen yet seen the Courageous movie, but after watching clips and the trailer from the website (, I can’t wait for it to come out on DVD on January 17th.

If you have the time, read the book.  Randy Alcorn took the screenplay and filled in a lot of the characterization, scenes, and other details to make this a great read.  As he said in Acknowledgments, about 20% of the books comes directly from the screenplay; he had to create the other 80% to write a 362 page novel.

Watch the movie; read the book – whatever you do – learn this story and take it to heart!


Pin It on Pinterest